The month of September is always the busiest for
teachers. I had intentions of
blogging every week this month, but unfortunately September went by too fast
for me. So here I find myself at
the end of the month FINALLY blogging. This post will be about my volleyball team and my heart for them.
| Varsity team after winning their first game |
I am coaching the girls High School JV and Varsity teams again this year. We have 10 girls on each team and they are a great group of girls. They LOVE playing volleyball and have worked real hard. The Varsity team just won their first game against the American International School of Vienna. They were the only team we lost to last year during our regular season so I was very pleased with them winning. The JV team is composed of many girls who have never played volleyball before. They are excited to get better and have been working really hard.
| JV team after their first game |
Our theme for this year is FIRE. I am still in the process of finding a verse for this
theme. I chose fire because there
are many life lessons that can be used when putting this into our minds. On the court, and in life, we will be
tested and put through fire. There
are two ways that we can respond: be burned or be refined. My prayer for this team is that they will
become refined on and off the court as they begin high school and play
volleyball. Also, when a fire
comes through, it leaves its mark and impression. As we play other teams or encounter different people, we
need to be able to leave our marks on their lives. Ultimately, my hope is they
would leave the mark of Christ and ignite a fire in the lives of others.
Not everyone on my team is a Christian. Please pray that the Lord ignites His
fire in their lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment