Ending the year at
ICSV is never easy. Many students and staff members leave not only the school, but Vienna. They are either returning to their home countries, attending University or moving away. The question that dwells in everyone's mind is, "Will I ever see this person again?" For Christians, we have that hope that we WILL see each other again in heaven! Sadly, not everyone at our school shares these same views.
Graduation is bittersweet at any school where students look forward to new challenges but look back on friendships made. At ICSV graduation is a particularly melancholy experience. Students leave to go back to their own countries and may never see their classmates again. I had the opportunity to plan the 8th grade graduation and was able to have some good goodbyes with these students. This year, over 50% of the 8th grade class was leaving ICSV. I trust and pray that we have had some spiritual impact that they will take with them to plant seeds in their own countries. Take a look at some pictures below to see the 8th Grade Graduation and High School Graduation.
 |
| Students receiving their diplomas |
 |
| 8th Grade Graduating Class |
 |
| One of my students who will not be returning next year :( |
 |
| Incredible cake made by some alumni |
High School Graduation
Becca planned the High School Graduation
 |
| Becca and I are excited for these graduating students |
 |
| Becca and I with one of the seniors. Check out here amazing blog here. |
 |
| My dear friend Kristi-Anna came and gt ENGAGED! Check our her blog here. |
 |
| Good friends celebrating the engagement :) |
Weekend Trip to Poland
 |
| Sad to say goodbye to some dear friends :( |
Day trip to Auschwitz
 |
| Auschwitz I |
 |
| Train that would bring people into the death camp |
 |
| Memorial dedicated to those who died at Auschwitz |
 |
| The Nazis destroyed the Gas Chambers right before the Russians came |
 |
Entrance into Auschwitz - Birkenau
|
It's hard to put into words what experiencing Auschwitz was like. I am at a loss as to how so many people were treated like they didn't exist. My thoughts and prayers go out to all those who were tragically affected and still being affected by this tragedy.
No comments:
Post a Comment