Monday, November 21, 2011

A great ending to a GREAT season

This past weekend was our last volleyball tournament and the end to our season.  It was quite a long volleyball season so we were all pretty happy to have some free time and our weekends again.  I will miss seeing all the girls so often and spending time with them.  Since our tournament was in Salzburg, 3 hours away, we were able to spend the weekend there and have some quality team time.  After getting settled in our hostel, some of the girls wanted to spend the night in worship which was so special.  We gathered in one of the rooms and all sang worship songs together.  Not all the girls on my team are Christians so it was another great opportunity to share Christ's love.  It is such a foreign concept to many of my players to have a relationship with their God.  When discussing this concept, I almost have to define the word relationship more than explain who Jesus is and what he did for us.  It was interesting wrestling with the idea of how other religions view our "relational" religion.  I am hoping to dive deeper into this idea in order to better explain the love of Jesus Christ!    

The tournament ended so well.  We ended up taking 2 trophies home and a sportsmanship award!  Our JV team lost to Budapest in the championship.  We'll get 'em next year!


8:00AM and ready to win some games!

In action



Varsity and JV team


JV team with the 2nd place trophy!!!

Showing off our metal



After the tournament we spent some time in the city of Salzburg and visited the Christmas market!  

All the streets were already decorated with Christmas lights!

Entrance to the Christmas market


One of my Austrian students showed me all around

Wishing I could buy all of these to bring home!

Girls trying to stay warm

Yvonne and I

JV Eagles 2011

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations for a great season! Can't wait to hear all about it. One month from tomorrow you come home.... Salzburg looked fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! I want to be where you are! Congrats on the win!

    ReplyDelete