Tuesday, February 14, 2012

King of Hearts

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!  I love Valentine's Day.  I love dressing up in red or pink and writing love notes to all my friends and family.  Valentine's Day in a High/Middle School is quite fun also.  I always have my classes write Spanish Valentine's Day cards and deliver them to their loved ones.  I make them listen to sappy Spanish love songs and tell each other how much they love each other.  I get a lot of rolled eyes to say the least.


This year our Middle School principal came up with a great idea for our middle schoolers on Valentine's Day.  She made all the middle school girls wear paper hearts around their necks with their names on them.  They were not allowed to talk to any boys and if they did they would need to give them their hearts.  The boy with the most hearts at the end of the day was titled King of Hearts and won a prize.  The boys were hard at work trying to get the girls to talk to them.  It was quite cute.  One boy even bought a dozen roses to give to girls in exchange for their heart!  Although it was a fun game, we were hoping for the girls to learn the deeper lesson at a young age.  =)



Isaiah 43:1-4

But now, this is what the LORD says— he who created you, Jacob, he who formed you, Israel: 
“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. 
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. 
For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior; I give Egypt for your ransom, Cush and Seba in your stead.  Since you are precious and honored in my sight,and because I love you,I will give people in exchange for you,nations in exchange for your life. 




1 comment:

  1. I love that song. well the song from that verse. Also..hi from that Japanese restaurant there.

    ReplyDelete