Sunday, December 4, 2011

An International Bazaar

This past Saturday the United Nations (UN) hosted an International Bazaar to raise money for charity.  This is an annual event that generally raises about 1/4 of a million dollars.  About 1/2 of the world's nations were represented at the Bazaar.  Each country had its own booth and displayed pictures, flags and events from their country.  In addition, they sold many items that were native to their country in order to raise money.  In another part of the building, there was a large room dedicated only to food.  You could buy food from any country that was generally homemade by natives.  It was delicious!  Later in the afternoon, each country did a performance or dance native to their nation (unfortunately my camera died and I did not get a pictures).  It was one of the coolest things I have done since being in Vienna.  I felt like I visited the world in a 3 hour timespan.  

Check out some pictures below!


Over 60 students volunteered to work!

South Africa


This one's for you dad :)

Delicious food!  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment