Tuesday, October 11, 2011

An Original Myth: The Origin of the Mouse

In my ELL class we just finished a short unit on myths.  After defining what a myth was, reading many Greek stories and sharing myths from our home countries, I had the students write their own myths.  One student in particular decided to inform us of the origin of the mouse.  I thought I would share this cute little story with you all!



The Origin of the Mouse

There once was a monster who lived in a cave.  The monster wanted to run.  He left the cave and ran.  Then the elephant stepped on the monster.  Now the monster is a small monster.  Then the small monster ran into the woods.  A worm bit the small monster in the butt and never left.  Ouch!  Later the small monster asked a snake for his ears.  The snake gave the small monster two ears.  Then there was a mouse!  




*Author pictured above

1 comment: